1. One thing that I will do in my class is allow the opportunity in the beginning of the semester for students to take a learning style quiz so that each student can accept themselves and know that if on a specific lesson they did not really understand they know that it might be because that specific lesson for that day did not meet their learning style. This will help keeping them from getting discouraged or want to give up on that lesson. These are some general examples of the quizzes:
2. I will try to also have some sort of inspirational quote or visual at the beginning of class to make students feel welcome and safe in my class. I will always do an inspirational quote on the day of a test because it will let students know that I believe in each one of them and I want them all to succeed. If for any reason one day I do not get to put up a quote then I will just have music playing at the beginning of class.
3. One thing that I will implement in my classroom is guiding students on how to work as a group with others and how to communicate with them. This is a life-long skill because no matter where they go in life, working with others and as a group will always come up. I will have a poster in the front of my classroom that will explain the three steps:
- I will explain my answer not just give the answer.
- I will listen carefully and ask questions.
- I will say something if I do not understand.
5. In high school, students are making that transition from teenage years to adulthood. I want everyone to understand that in the real world (outside of school) they will be held accountable for their actions and no one will be there be reminding them every single minute of their responsibilities. I am not going to leave them alone and not guide them along but they will be held responsible for not turning something in after I had reminded them about the assignment.